I got my June Birchbox last week and thought I’d share what I got in my box this month! I had been subscribed to Birchbox for over a year and left them to try some other subscription services, but I decided to go back to Birchbox for the quality and variety of products. I absolutely LOVE getting my Birchbox in the mail every month, especially since we’re still on a budget! It makes me feel like I’ve splurged, but I’ve not broken the bank, plus I get to try new products without having to pay the full price. Birchbox is one of the most affordable subscription product services out there. For $10 a month, you get 5 products, sometimes they’re full size and sometimes you get surprise lifestyle extra in your box!
So let’s dig in!
I love how they decorate their boxes with the month’s theme! They’ve made their boxes more colorful and always have beautiful typography.
Here’s a breakdown of everything that came in my box this month. This is one of my favorite parts of Birchbox! With some of the other subscription services I’ve tried, they didn’t always include a card or any description of the products. Birchbox always has a description of each product and they list the price for the full size product, which helps you both know how to use the product and decide if it’s worth investing in the full sized product.
1. Skyn Iceland | Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels • These felt soooo nice and relaxing! They de-puffed my eyes and were so cooling. They also peeled off really easily without irritating my sensitive skin. I’m pretty tempted to invest the $30 for the full size to have on hand when I need a relaxing spa night now and then, or need a quick cool down for extra puffy eye mornings!
2. Emi Jay | Hair Tie • I love these kinds of hair ties! They are never tight and don’t leave any dents or bumps in your hair.
3. Beauty Protector | Protect & Detangle • This leave in hair protecting product works great and doesn’t weigh down your hair. Plus, it smells A-MAZING! I absolutely love this stuff! This is easily my favorite product in the box this month!
4. Marcelle | Waterproof Eyeliner • I can attest that it is INDEED waterproof! After washing my face, I had to use both an eye makeup remover AND a cleansing cloth to rub it off. I tend to wear more neutral/natural colors on my eyes for eyeliner, so I think I would only wear this on a fun date night or girls night out…
5. COOLA | Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face • I’ve used COOLA products in the past and they’re great for sun protection. With it being summer, I’m looking forward to using this under my makeup to help me not burn.
6. Marcelle | BB Cream Golden Glow • I originally thought that this BB cream might be too dark for my fair skin, but I wore it alone on an easy makeup day and it provided a little coverage, blended into my skin tone pretty well, and gave a little bit of a bronze glow. I was afraid it might be too greasy, but my skin stayed comfortably dewy (which is not easy to do, especially on my complexion!). The only thing I wasn’t crazy about was the scent…
June’s products full-sized price value: $134.95
Overall, I was pretty pleased with this month’s box! I’m looking forward to next month’s box!
Do you get Birchbox or another subscription beauty box?
Tell me your favorites or what you got in your box below!